NOTE: Uconnect® Phone and Voice Command are vehicle options which must be ordered separately. The buttons on the radio will only be active if the vehicle has been equipped with the option.
- The radio sales code is located on the lower right side of the radio faceplate.
- Unless otherwise noted, the information provided on the operation and functionality of the radios in this section is common to all touchscreen radios.
Seek Up / Down
- Touch the SCAN soft-key, right or left arrow soft-keys to change the currently playing station in AM, FM or SAT bands.
- Press the RADIO hard-key to display the different radio modes, then press the desired soft-key to select AM, FM, SAT.
- Press the MEDIA hard-key to display the different radio modes, then press the desired soft-key to select HDD , DISC , AUX or VES® (if equipped)
- The auxiliary (AUX) jack allows a portable device, such as an MP3 player or a cassette player, to be plugged into the radio, utilizing the vehicle's audio system to amplify the source and play through the vehicle speakers. The display will switch automatically to the AUX mode when a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack cable has been connected.
- To change radio modes while the cable is connected to the unit, press the MEDIA hard-key until the AUX tab is displayed on the top of the screen. Touch the AUX tab to return to the AUX mode.
- The control of the external device cannot be provided by the radio; use the device controls instead.
- The USB port on the front is also an AUX device. When USB device is inputted , the radio will switch to AUX mode and will stream audio if it exists on the device.
- Turn the radio on, then touch the screen where the time is displayed.
- Touch the USER CLOCK soft-key (Navigation radio only).
- To adjust the hours, touch either the HOUR FORWARD or HOUR BACKWARD soft-key.
- To adjust the minutes, touch either the MINUTE FORWARD or MINUTE BACKWARD soft-key.
- To save the new time setting, touch the screen where the word "Save" is displayed.
- To select DAYLIGHT SAVINGS auto switch, select the DAYLIGHT SAVINGS option.
- To Display or to not display the clock while the radio is off, please select this option.
- Set Time Zone by pressing the SET TIME ZONE soft key and select your location.
Store Radio Presets
- Press the RADIO hard-key to display AM FM SAT in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the radio band by touching either the AM, FM or SAT soft-key.
- Find the station to store by either pressing the SEEK UP/DOWN soft-keys, touching the SCAN soft-key or by using the DIRECT TUNE soft-key.
- Once the station is found, touch and hold one of the PRESET soft-keys in the list to the right. The icon will turn GREEN and then TAN when saved. (Sound only occurs when the TOUCH FEEDBACK box is selected.)
Hard Drive Operation
Copy Complete Audio Disc To Hard Drive
- Press the LOAD hard-key and insert a disc, Audio Disc will begin to play.
- To copy to your hard drive, press the CD WITH ARROW icon, Press YES to continue. Copying will begin. A percentage of copy will show on the bottom of the screen. To stop a copy in process, press the CD WITH ARROW icon again, press YES.
Alternate option for copying is:
Touch the MY FILES hard-key, then select MY MUSIC.
Press the ADD MUSIC FILES TO HDD soft key.
Press the DISC soft-key in the next screen to start the process. A percentage of copy will show on the bottom of the screen. To stop a copy in process, press the CD WITH ARROW icon again, press YES.
Copying From USB
- Insert a USB device, then select MY FILES hard-key, then select MY MUSIC soft-key.
- Press the ADD MUSIC FILES TO HDD soft key.
- Press the FRONT USB soft-key in the next screen to start the process. Select the files or folder to copy. A percentage of copy will show on the bottom of the screen. To stop a copy in process, press the CD WITH ARROW icon again, press YES.
Copy Pictures To The Hard Drive
- Insert either a CD or a USB device containing your pictures.
- Touch the MY FILES hard-key.
- Touch the MY PICTURES soft-key, the current pictures will be displayed.
- To ADD PICTURES press the ADD soft-key, then select the type of media inserted.
- Use the PAGE soft-keys to page through a list of pictures and press the picture you would like to import.
- Once selections are flagged, press the SAVE soft-key. A percentage of copy will show on the bottom of the screen.
- In order to display the imported picture in the radio screen, touch the desired picture soft-key.
- Select this picture by pressing the SET AS PICTURE VIEW soft-key. Press YES to confirm, A checkmark indicates the currently used picture. Press EXIT to return to the main screen.
Uconnect® Phone (If Equipped)
Uconnect® Phone is a voice-activated, handsfree, in-vehicle communications system.The Uconnect™ system+ is fully integrated with the vehicle's audio system. The radio display will be used for visual prompts from the Uconnect system such as phone battery status, signal strength, caller ID and call type.
NOTE: Your phone may not support all available Uconnect features. For vehicles equipped with the Video Entertainment System (VES®), refer to the Uconnect Phone section of the Uconnect User's Manual on the DVD for Uconnect Phone system operating instructions. For vehicles not equipped with VES refer to your vehicle Owner's Manual on the DVD for Uconnect Phone system operating instructions.
Voice Command (If Equipped)
For vehicles equipped with VES, refer to the Uconnect Multimedia/Voice Command section of the Uconnect User's Manual on the DVD for Voice Command system operating instructions. For vehicles not equipped with VES, refer to your vehicle Owner's Manual on the DVD for Voice Command system operating instructions.
Cleaning Your Touchscreen Radio
Do not spray any liquid or caustic chemicals directly on the screen. Use a clean and dry micro fiber lens cleaning cloth in order to clean the touchscreen.
If necessary, use a lint-free cloth dampened with a cleaning solution such as isopropyl alcohol or an isopropyl alcohol and water solution ratio of 50:50. Be sure to follow the solvent manufacturer's precautions and directions.
Favorite Songs & Artists
The SAT mode Favorites list allows you to tag particular artists or songs so you will be notified each time that artist or song is playing on another SiriusXM Satellite Radio channel.
To tag an artist or song, press the STAR MUSIC NOTE icon button while the song is playing. NOTE: Not all SiriusXM stations allow a song or artist to be tagged. When one of your favorite artists or songs begins playing on another SiriusXM channel, a message appears (depending on the Song Alerts setting) which allows you to tune to the station where your favorite is playing. The Song Alerts setting is accessed in the SAT Menu, Favorites screen. Any time a favorite artist or song is playing, the favorite icon appears in the bottom bar. If you have set up favorite sports teams and one of those teams has a game being broadcast on SiriusXM, the favorite sport icon appears in the bottom bar when the game starts and whenever there is a score update. When you are in SAT mode, you can change your Song and Game Alert settings by pressing the MENU hard-key, then pressing the FAVORITES soft-key.
While you are in SAT mode, you can replay over 30 minutes of the current SiriusXM channel (when the channel is changed, this audio buffer is erased). Press the REPLAY button to listen to the stored audio. You can touch the on-screen controls to pause and rewind audio playback, touch the SCAN button to preview each of the tracks stored in the buffer, or select a track from the list. The time displayed below the bar indicates how much time is present between the current buffer play position and the live broadcast. Touch the LIVE button to return to the current audio being broadcast on the SiriusXM channel.
SIRIUS Travel Link™
Now, in addition to delivering over 130 channels of the best sports, entertainment, talk and 100% commercial-free music, SiriusXM offers premium infotainment services. To access SiriusXM Travel Link™, press the MENU hard-key, then touch the Travel Link soft-key. SIRIUS Travel Link+ brings a wealth of useful information into your vehicle and right to your fingertips:
- View detailed conditions at your current location.
- Check extended 12-hour and 5-day forecasts.
- Store a favorite location for quick access to weather conditions and forecasts.
- View ski and snowboarding conditions at ski resorts.
- Store a favorite location for quick access to snow conditions.
- Check detailed price information for fuel stations near your current location.
- Sort the list of closest fuel stations by price, distance or alphabetically.
- Route to selected fuel station.
- Store a favorite fuel station for quick access to pricing.
- Check which movies are playing at theaters near your current location.
- Sort the list of theaters by distance or alphabetically.
- Show movie titles, start times, ratings, run length and summaries.
- Store a favorite theater for quick access to schedules.
- View scores and upcoming events for all major sports.
- Store your favorite teams for quick access to the scores and schedules.
NOTE: SiriusXM Travel Link data services subscription is separate from your SiriusXM Satellite Radio (audio) subscription.
Neither SiriusXM nor Chrysler Group LLC is responsible for any errors in accuracies in the SiriusXM data services or its use in vehicles. SIRIUS XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. Sirius services require subscriptions, sold separately after 12-month trial included with vehicle purchase. Subscriptions governed by SiriusXM Customer Agreement at siriusxm.com. If you decide to continue your Sirius service at the end of your complimentary trial, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call Sirius at 888-539-7474 to cancel. Sirius U.S. Satellite service is available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C. and PR.
Safety Precautions and Important Information
Read this information carefully before starting to operate the navigation system and follow the instructions in this manual. Neither Chrysler Group LLC nor Garmin® shall be liable for problems or accidents resulting from failure to observe the instructions in this manual.
To prevent injury or fire, take the following precautions:
- To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit.
- Do not watch or fix your eyes on the unit's display when you are driving for any extended period.
Failure to avoid the following potentially hazardous situations could result in an accident or collision resulting in death or serious injury.
When navigating, carefully compare information displayed on the navigation system to all available navigation sources, including information from street signs, visual sightings and maps. For safety, always resolve any discrepancies or questions before continuing navigation. Always operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Do not become distracted by the navigation system while driving, and always be fully aware of all driving conditions. Minimize the amount of time spent viewing the screen of the navigation system while driving. Do not enter destinations, change settings or access any functions requiring prolonged use of the navigation system controls while driving. Stop your vehicle in a safe and legal manner before attempting such operations. Keep the system volume at a low enough level to be able to hear outside the traffic situation. If you can no longer hear outside noises, you may be unable to react adequately to the traffic situation. This may cause accidents. The navigation system will not display the correct current position of the vehicle the first time it is used after purchase, or if the vehicle battery is disconnected. GPS satellite signals will soon be received, however, and the correct position will be displayed. Be careful of the ambient temperature. Using the navigation system at extreme temperatures can lead to malfunction or damage. Also note that the unit can be damaged by strong vibration, by metal objects, or by water getting inside the unit.
Failure to avoid the following potentially hazardous situations may result in injury or property damage.
The navigation system is designed to provide you with route suggestions. It does not reflect road closures or road conditions, weather conditions or other factors that may affect safety or timing while driving. Use the navigation system only as a navigational aid. Do not attempt to use the navigation system for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. The Global Positioning System (GPS) is operated by the United States government, which is solely responsible for its accuracy and maintenance. The government system is subject to changes that could affect the accuracy and performance of all GPS equipment, including the navigation system. Although the navigation system is a precision navigation device, any navigation device can be misused or misinterpreted and, therefore, become unsafe.
Vehicle Battery Preservation
This navigation system can be used when the ignition key is turned to ON or ACC. To preserve the battery, however, it should be used with the engine running whenever possible. Using the navigation system for a long time with the engine switched off can cause the battery to run down.
Map Data Information
One of our goals is to provide customers with the most complete and accurate cartography that is available to us at a reasonable cost. We use a combination of governmental and private data sources, which we identify in product literature and copyright messages displayed to the consumer. Virtually all data sources contain some inaccurate or incomplete data. In some countries, complete and accurate map information is either not available or is prohibitively expensive.
To access the Navigation system on your Media Center radio, touch the NAV soft-key in the upper right corner of the screen during any RADIO or MEDIA mode. (NOTE: This radio is not equipped with voice recognition navigation. All navigation requests must be inputted via the touchscreen interface. Also, this radio does not communicate real-time traffic conditions.)
Help When You Need It
The first time you use your navigation system, you need to set up your system. The Help menu provides additional Information Touch Tools, and then Help to get more information about using your navigation system. Touch a category to view information about a topic.
Touch Tools, and then touch Help.
To search the Help topics for a keyword, touch Search.
Find It and Go!
The Where To? page provides several different categories for you to use when searching for addresses, cities and other locations. The detailed map loaded in your navigation system contains millions of points of interest, such as restaurants, hotels and auto services.
Finding a Point of Interest
Touch Where To?.
Select a category.
Select a subcategory.
Select a destination.
Select a place.
Touch Go!,or touch Press for More to see the Review page.
Following Your Route
Your route is marked with a magenta line. As you travel, your navigation system guides you to your destination with voice prompts, arrows on the map, and directions at the top of the map. The upper-left corner indicates the distance to your next maneuver. If you depart from the original route, your navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions. Follow the arrows. A checkered flag marks your destination.
Adding a Via Point
You can add a stop (Via Point) to your route. The navigation system gives you directions to the stop and to your final destination. With a route active, touch the (back icon) and then
touch Where To?
Search for the extra stop.
Touch Add As a Via Point to add this stop before your destination.
Taking a Detour
If a road on your route is closed, you can take a detour.
With a route active, touch.
The navigation system attempts to get you back on your original route as quickly as possible. If the route you are currently taking is the only reasonable option, the navigation system might not calculate a detour.
Stopping the Route
With a route active, touch.
The MyGIG® (Uconnect System+) offers a user-friendly approach to today's connected technology. From music to travel destinations, MyGIG connects you to the things that matter most. Leave it to MyGIG to make technology simple. Learn More
Update your music database with the latest Artist Name, Song Title, Album, Album Art, Track information and more. Learn More
With over 130 channels, SIRIUS Satellite Radio brings you more of what you love. You get 100% commercial-free music from nearly every genre, artist-dedicated channels and live performances you can't hear anywhere else.
Hear the best sports coverage with live play-by-play and expert talk including every NFL® game, every NASCAR® race, college sports and more. The biggest and most compelling names in talk with Howard Stern and Martha Stewart, laugh-out-loud comedy with Jamie Foxx's The Foxxhole and Blue Collar Comedy, world-class news, family programming, local traffic & weather every 4 minutes and much more. With the first year of service provided at no charge, you'll agree that this is one option you really have to listen to.