The Jeep brand site ("Site") visitors represent a wide variety of backgrounds and interests and, you may encounter content that differs in tone or scope from your own thoughts and beliefs. We hope that you will approach these situations with acceptance.
The Site is committed to protecting a high level of freedom of expression and to maintaining a welcoming and safe community in which that expression can flourish. We will not censor users for expressing an opinion, within the limits of these Rules of Conduct. We will take action against any behavior that disrupts conversations and community on the Site. Site has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or move any user-generated content for any reason, without notice. These Rules of Conduct reflect the standards of behavior our users find acceptable. By participating as a user of the Site and/or submitting content to the Site, you agree to the following:
1. Trademarks: You agree that you will comply with proper trademark usage as follows:
2. Third Party Intellectual Property: Must not prominently name, identify, refer or allude to the names, brand names, trademarks, service marks and/or logos of any third parties other than those of Chrysler Group LLC. You will not include any material or references that violates or infringes upon a third party's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights nor may it in any way infringe upon a third party's copyright or trademark rights other than that of Sponsor.
3. Inappropriate Conduct: You will not disparage or defame any person or entity or in any way reflect negatively upon Chrysler Group LLC, the Vehicles, brands or products as determined by Chrysler Group LLC in its sole discretion; You will not include, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any political or religious references, statements or symbols; You will not include words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age or socioeconomic group; You will not in any way promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco (or the use of any of the preceding); You will not include material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to federal, state and local laws; and You will not promote any activity that would damage the environment (driving through stream beds, knocking over small trees, etc.), contain guns or violence, or promote reckless behavior
4. Courtesy and Respect: You agree that you will be courteous to every Site user even those whose beliefs you think are false. When debating, express your opinion about a person's ideas, not about them personally. You agree not to make negative personal remarks about other Site users, including negative remarks about their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, character, appearance, health, mental health, education, or any other personal characteristic. You agree not to create posts and discussions intended to criticize or ridicule other users personally. You agree not to engage in derogatory name-calling or other inflammatory comparisons.
5. Hate Speech: You agree not to engage in hate speech on the Site You agree not to allege that groups or individuals deserve violence or attempt to dehumanize or degrade them on the basis of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.
6. Violence: You agree not to advocate illegal violence against or harassment of groups or individuals, even if religiously motivated.
7. Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another user's beliefs. Please respect the rights of others to follow their own path.
8. Disruptive behavior: You agree not to disrupt or interfere with community functions. Disruptive behavior may include creating a disproportionate number of comments; creating off-topic comments; making statements that are deliberately inflammatory; manipulating comment topics to disrupt conversation; posting in a language other than English without providing an accurate English translation; expanding a disagreement from one discussion to another; or any behavior that interferes with conversations or inhibits the ability of others to use and enjoy this Web site for its intended purposes.
9. Solicitation: You agree not to use community functions to advertise or solicit on behalf of commercial, religious, charitable or other organizations, causes, products or services.
10. Spam: You agree not to repeat substantially the same text in more than one location on the Site.
11. URLS: You may share the URL of a web resource other users may find useful, but you agree not to post URLs repeatedly or for the purpose of promoting a Web site or service (see "Solicitation" above). You agree not to post a hyperlink to or URL of a site that violates these Rules of Conduct. You will not reproduce chain letters, pyramid schemes, mail fraud schemes, or any other unauthorized advertising.
12. Copying posts: You agree not to post or forward transcripts of e-mail or other personal communication without the author's express permission. You agree not to reproduce material from the Site (including user posts) without express written permission from Chrysler Group LLC.
13. Privacy: You will not collect or use information about users of the Site without their express permission. You agree not to reveal personal information about someone else. We will remove any post containing a personal telephone number, real name, address, or any information that might reveal someone's geographical location without his or her permission. You will not send e-mail to Site users that would violate these Rules of Conduct. Cautionary Note: Site comments are public, we advise users against revealing any personal information about themselves. If you choose to display your e-mail address to other visitors, please be aware that the Site has no control over who uses your e-mail address or for what purpose.
14. Vulgarity: You agree not to display words, information, or images that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent, graphically sexual, harm minors in any way, exploit images of children, or are otherwise objectionable. You agree not to post URLs of sites where such words, images or information is displayed. Permission for exceptions to this rule must be obtained from the Site staff.
15. Images, Text and HTML: You agree to refrain from using visually disruptive or excessively large font sizes and/or images. You agree to use HTML and styles only for text effects (such as bold and italics), to post images, or to create normal hyperlinks. You agree not to upload to the Site or link to any other code, tags, scripts, audio, animations, file or program. You will not upload, post, link to, e-mail or otherwise transmit any harmful component to the Site, or deface any portion of the site.
16. Minors: You will not post on the Site if you are under 18 years of age. Surveys: Researchers who wish to post a survey or ask for information from the Site users must obtain Chrysler Group LLC permission before doing so.
17. Copying Content: The Site comments are primarily intended for interactive conversation; users are encouraged to express their own ideas in their own words, not to parrot the words of others. You agree not to create posts that consist substantially of material copied from another source. You agree to respect intellectual property rights when posting on the Site. You agree not to post copyrighted or trademarked images on the Site, or to engage in "bandwidth theft." You agree not to post articles or other text from another publication (copyright or not) except as follows: you may quote a small sample, credit the source, post a hyperlink to the author's original, and include your own comments in your own words. You agree that you will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, lease, reverse engineer, decompile, frame, mirror or disassemble any portion of this Site, or offer to do so.
18. Illegal activities: You will not solicit or promote the use of an illegal substance, promote illegal activity, or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
19. Impersonation: You agree not to impersonate or spoof Site users, employees, hosts or volunteers. You agree to create and use no more than one Site username, without explicit approval from Site staff. You agree not to express or imply that any content or materials you make, submit, or post are endorsed by the Site or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
20. Complaints: If there are problems on the Site, we want to know about them so that we can attempt to fix them. You agree to report community-related complaints and problems appropriately: to report a violation of these Rules of Conduct, or to complain about a comment, e-mail your complaint to the Site staff at http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp who will review your complaint and take appropriate action. You agree not to post problem reports and complaints publicly on the site, or to comment publicly on host or staff actions. You agree you will not harass the Site staff. You will not engage in behavior that requires the Site staff to expend excessive time and/or resources. In addition: 1) These Rules of Conduct apply to anything you upload to or create on the Site, including comments, screen names, user profiles, and any other text or images; 2) We have the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Site for violation of the above rules; and 3) We have the right to reprint from the Site discussions any post or portion of a post and the user name of the Site user who posted it, somewhere else on the Site or in any other medium.
21. User generated content. On the Site you'll also have the ability to post feedback, images and be able to comment on just about every article and video on our site, and post comments in our forums. By submitting such content, you knowingly surrender all rights to that content in all media worldwide in perpetuity to Chrysler Group LLC. Chrysler Group LLC owns the right to re-distribute and syndicate all user-submitted content, including but not limited to trail notes, point of interest details, photos, sound bytes, video clips, and user names, images and likeness. We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in messages. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained in forums, comment sections, or trip reports. The opinions expressed here are solely the opinions of the commenter and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Chrysler Group LLC.
Please check these guidelines periodically as they may be revised for the protection of our users.